====== DataMeet Chapter Guidelines ======
===== Chapter Definition ===== //Working Definition// A group that meets in a particular geographic or populated area that is using the branding of DataMeet and shares the larger group's values of promoting Data Science and Open Data.
===== Chapter Starting Protocol ====
- Interested parties in creating a chapter will consult with the DataMeet Trust.
- One other co organizer needs to be identified, and along with the Community Manager will form the core team for the Chapter for the first 6 months.
- The first 6 months will be designed to work with others and create a community and follow guidelines set by the Trust.
- After 6 months the Chapters will be required to make their own plan and proceed how they see fit. The original guidelines can be relaxed on a case by case basis.
- DataMeet Trust will provide support in terms of planning, advice, and guidance.
===== Chapter Organization ===== - A main organizer of the chapter will be the point person between the chapter and the DataMeet Trust. - Can add co-organizers as the chapter sees fit, after the chapter has been in existence for 6 months. - DataMeet Trust Community Manager will be one of the co-organizers - Organizer, Co-organizers and Community Manager will form the chapter's core team - Team can have other roles such as Assistant Organizer and Event Organizer if the core team wants - DataMeet Trust will provide community management advice and support - Core members of the DataMeet Chapter do not represent the DataMeet Trust, unless until explicitly approved by Trust - A monthly call will be required with the Community Manager and with the other chapter organizers. - [[guidelines:datameet-community-code-of-conduct|DataMeet Community Code of Conduct]] applies to all the chapters and members. ===== Meetups ===== - Once a month meet up, cannot miss 3 months in a row. - All organizers have to attend a meetup at the least once in two months - The meetup pages can't be used for anything other than meetup related information
===== Media ===== - All the meetup minutes have to be blogged to the main datameet blog - Videos will go to the official datameet youtube account - All contents will be distributed as per [[http://datameet.org/wiki/guidelines:ipr-guidelines | DataMeet IPR Guidelines]]
===== Meta ===== * Version: 0.1 * Status: Draft * Author: --- //[[email@example.com|Thejesh GN]] 2014/10/02 21:28// * Talkpage -[[guidelines:chapter-guidelines-talkpage| Discuss about this guideline here]]