DataMeet Chapter Guidelines
//Working Definition// A group that meets in a particular geographic or populated area that is using the branding of DataMeet and shares the larger group's values of promoting Data Science and Open Data.
Chapter Starting Protocol
- Interested parties in creating a chapter will consult with the DataMeet Trust.
- One other co organizer needs to be identified, and along with the Community Manager will form the core team for the Chapter for the first 6 months.
- The first 6 months will be designed to work with others and create a community and follow guidelines set by the Trust.
- After 6 months the Chapters will be required to make their own plan and proceed how they see fit. The original guidelines can be relaxed on a case by case basis.
- DataMeet Trust will provide support in terms of planning, advice, and guidance.
- A main organizer of the chapter will be the point person between the chapter and the DataMeet Trust.
- Can add co-organizers as the chapter sees fit, after the chapter has been in existence for 6 months.
- DataMeet Trust Community Manager will be one of the co-organizers
- Organizer, Co-organizers and Community Manager will form the chapter's core team
- Team can have other roles such as Assistant Organizer and Event Organizer if the core team wants
- DataMeet Trust will provide community management advice and support
- Core members of the DataMeet Chapter do not represent the DataMeet Trust, unless until explicitly approved by Trust
- A monthly call will be required with the Community Manager and with the other chapter organizers.
- DataMeet Community Code of Conduct applies to all the chapters and members.
- Once a month meet up, cannot miss 3 months in a row.
- All organizers have to attend a meetup at the least once in two months
- The meetup pages can't be used for anything other than meetup related information
- All the meetup minutes have to be blogged to the main datameet blog
- Videos will go to the official datameet youtube account
- All contents will be distributed as per DataMeet IPR Guidelines
- Version: 0.1
- Status: Draft
- Author: Thejesh GN 2014/10/02 21:28
- Talkpage - Discuss about this guideline here