Gis and maps
====== GIS and Maps ======
===== Tools =====
- [[http://geojson.io | geojson.io]] - Create quick and dirty maps with points, lines and polygons.
- [[https://www.mapbox.com/blog/rasterio-announce/ | Raster.io]] - GDAL (read raster) for Python
- [[http://terraformer.io/ | Terraformer.io]] - Allow spatial queries in the browser.
- [[https://github.com/jsoma/mapsheet | Mapsheet.js]] - Create quick maps using Google Spreadsheet.
- [[http://mapit.mysociety.org/|MapIt]] is a service that maps UK postcodes and geographical points to administrative areas. It’s useful for anyone who has a postcode or co-ordinates of a point in the UK, and needs to find out what region, constituency, or council it lies within. It’s also great for looking up the shapes of all those boundaries.
- [[http://fieldpapers.org/ |Field Papers]] Make Digital maps with a Pen and Paper
- [[http://MapKnitter.org |MapKnitter ]] is a free and open source tool for combining and positioning images (often from MapMill.org) in geographic space into a composite image map.
- [[http://www.mapbox.com/tilemill/docs/manual/ | TileMill]] is a tool for cartographers to quickly and easily design maps for the web using custom data. It is built on the powerful open-source map rendering library Mapnik - the same
[[http://cardume.github.io/jeo/ | Jeo WordPress Theme]] acts as a geojournalism platform which allows news organizations, bloggers and NGOs to publish news stories as layers of information on digital maps. ===== Books =====
[[http://geojournalism.oeco.org.br/ | Geojournalism Handbook]] ===== Books =====
===== Tutorials =====